Updated Truck Driver Student Registration in Clearinghouse


Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration announced today that students in process of getting their Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) should register in the FMCSA Clearinghouse as “Student Driver”. For clarification:

  • Student drivers who are employed by a motor carrier must Register as a Driver
  • Student drivers in training programs that are not affiliated with or operated by motor carriers must Register as a Student Driver

Students can register at https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Resource/Index/Registration-Student-Driver-Instructions

Drivers can register at https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Resource/Index/Driver-Brochure


Do you need Substance Abuse Professional Services?

ASAP has a nationwide reach in all 50 states and U.S. territories. Our trained and knowledgeable team will assist you in understanding the process and signing up. It’s fast and easy to enroll with ASAP! 888.792.2727 x607

Scroll to Top