This webinar will present descriptions and reports of research, historical and current, which investigate the utility of the workplace as a site and modality for treatment, including a discussion of the psychological principles that make it work. The presentation will draw upon the success of the DOT Return-to-Duty Process and research conducted by the Johns Hopkins University Center for Learning and Health in collaboration with American Substance Abuse Professionals (ASAP), a nationwide SAP services provider.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe and discuss operant conditioning as a mechanism for behavior change
- Describe the difference between positive and negative reinforcement as it is used the DOT Return-to-Duty Process
- Discuss why the DOT Return-to-Duty process can be described in terms of operant conditioning
- Identify three employment based models for achieving and maintaining drug use abstinence
- Describe and discuss the purpose, structure and operations of the Therapeutic Workplace.
Do you need Substance Abuse Professional Services?
ASAP offers a nationwide network of over 5,000 locations with DOT qualified SAPs. Our trained and knowledgeable team will assist you in understanding the process and signing up. It’s fast and easy to enroll with ASAP! 888.792.2727 x607