Employers concerned about their employees may be able to improve their health and help them be more productive by creating tobacco-free workplaces. Many state and local governments now require workplaces to be smoke-free. Making your workplace completely tobacco-free can have an even greater impact. Both tobacco user and non-user employees may be helped by such policies.
For the employer:
- A tobacco-free environment helps create a safer, healthier workplace.
- Direct health care costs to the company may be reduced.
- A clear plan that is carefully put into action by the employer to lower employees’ exposure to secondhand smoke shows the company cares.
- Employees may be less likely to miss work due to tobacco-related illnesses.
- Maintenance costs go down when tobacco, smoke, matches, and cigarette butts are taken out of work facilities.
- Office equipment, carpets, and furniture last longer.
- The risk of fires is lower.
- It may be possible to get lower rates on health, life, and disability insurance coverage as fewer employees use tobacco
Do you need Substance Abuse Professional Services?
ASAP offers a nationwide network of over 5,000 locations with DOT qualified SAPs. Our trained and knowledgeable team will assist you in understanding the process and signing up. It’s fast and easy to enroll with ASAP! 888.792.2727 x607